How to Start a Business Via Sustainability
YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN HOW TO CREATE THE BUSINESS OF YOUR DREAMS WHILE INTEGRATING SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES THAT WILL CREATE LONG-TERM GROWTH AND PROFIT.
Our Sustainable Entrepreneur Training is one of Stony Brook University’s most sought-after Business School courses!
LEARN FROM FIVE DIFFERENT SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURS, WHO ARE EXPERTS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE FIELDS:
***The five experts have worked with many thousands of entrepreneurs, worldwide. Each has had several of their own businesses and is extremely experienced. Learn from the best!! Their impressive resumes are below***
- Team Building
Stefan Doering is Shift Group’s Managing Director and has been innovating in environmental business and sustainability since 1987. He also teaches and coaches green businesses in three major areas: 1) innovating powerful green business models, 2) crafting and implementing marketing and positioning strategies for bringing green to the mainstream, and 3) creating a consistently profitable and sustainable business. Below is a list of just some of Stefan’s other accomplishments –
- Developed green intrapreneurship strategy for General Motors, later included in GM’s final bailout plan presented to Congress in December 2008
- Business coaching a variety of businesses with programs having reached 4,000 business innovators in 13 countries
- Taught landmark courses on green entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship at Columbia University’s Center for Environmental Research and Conservation
- Taught courses for small businesses at the Industrial and Technology Assistance Corporation (ITAC), a leading non-profit in NYC for small business development
- Professor at Minnesota College of Art and Design, having taught Eco-Design and Green Marketing
- Official Mentor and Sounding Board member for the Eugene Lang Entrepreneurship Center at Columbia University’s Business School
- Pioneered green retailing, growing it to one of the largest green retail companies in the US, selling over 3,500 different products screening for their environmental impactAndrew Bogle is Shift Group’s Strategic Advisor and currently serves as an advisor to five startups, is a Managing Director at Reva Capital, as well as serving on three nonprofit boards. His father, John Bogle, started the Vanguard Group, the world’s largest provider of mutual funds.
Prior to joining Reva Capital, Andrew was the Chapter Director of Keiretsu Forum New York, an investment community of accredited private equity investors, venture capitalists and corporate/institutional investors. There he was the main person in charge of relationships with its investors. Before working at the Keiretsu Forum, he worked for investment advisor Gerstein Fisher. While there, Andrew focused on institutions such as foundations and endowments. Previously, Andrew worked for Robin Hood, a nonprofit which fights poverty in the five boroughs of N.Y.C. While at Robin Hood he was on the development team. After attaining his M.B.A., Andrew joined Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management. His team managed $1.4B. Andrew also worked at Brown Brothers Harriman.
Wendy Scharfman is a professional speaker, communication coach and trainer. She is the founder of Coaching for Effective Communication, a business she created to help her clients become dynamic, confident speakers who can inspire action by delivering a strategic message that matters. Through a powerful communication strategy, she promotes transformational change by helping clients to break through any resistance to deliver results. Wendy specializes in Executive Coaching, Leadership Training and Team Building, Public Speaking Competencies, Message Refinement and Media Training.
Wendy is an Executive Performance Coach Maynard Leigh Associates, a global learning and development company. She is also a communications facilitator and trainer with Schouten Global and for the past 7 years she has been the communications consultant for Family Interventions Services, a non-profit organization serving families and children in New Jersey. She holds a M.S. in Education from Boston University-Wheelock College, an M.S. in Education from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an M.F.A. from the Asolo Conservatory.
Alan Siege is Shift Group’s Senior Facilitator and has been leading business workshops through the Brooklyn and Manhattan Chambers of Commerce, the Support Center of New York, the Brooklyn Business Outreach Center and the Business Division of the Brooklyn Public Library. Alan is a member of the Entrepreneurship Council of the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce.
He is a Facilitator in the FastTrac Program – a business building program for solopreneurs and small businesses – administered by the NYC Department of Small Business Services, and he is an Adjunct Professor in the School of Professional Studies at New York University and the City University of New York. Courses he has taught include:
- Creating the Business Plan
- Business Strategy Creation
- Basic Finance and Accounting
- Starting a Successful Art Business
- Using Storytelling to Strengthen Your Marketing Message
- The Marketing Plan: Its Essential Role in Marketing;
SUSTAINABILITY – PEOPLE, PLANET, PROFITS
*** PEOPLE – Your sustainable business will support your community, create long-term clients and help people grow in whatever field you fall into.
*** PLANET – Your business will have a focus on sustainability that will not only allow for long-term, sustainable growth but will keep our planet front of mind and protected.
*** PROFIT – You will see money and profit because this class will teach you everything you need to know about the PEOPLE you hire and the PLANET you work with and support!
Have a blast learning:
- If and how to make your business idea a good one…and one that you can grow and scale as your goals grow!
- How to launch your business and set it up for success long term!
- How to integrate sustainability! (People, Planet, Profits)
In just a few hours, you will have a pitch-ready business and a slide deck with marketing, financial and team plans to back you up.